Timeless Being

Death and time seem inexorably linked in our minds.    

I hear people all the time comment on things like "My clock is ticking," or "Time is moving so fast!."

The reality, of course, is that clocks are inventions of humankind, and time itself does not move. It is we who seem to move and flow through time.  Time itself is merely a concept, and has no movement on its own.  

It's the juxtaposition of our being with time that has been in my mind over the last couple of days.  And that leads me further to the questions of perception and our perceiving of time as a phenomenon independent of us.     Of course I started searching for resources to dive deeper into this separation, and I came across this video of Rupert Spira discussing what happens to us when we die.    




I recognize that the cross-referencing of Mary and Jane may confuse some of my readers, but for the time being, disregard that part.  Focus instead on the message of localization of consciousness.   The man who poses the question to Spira asks about the consciousness leaving the body, and even mentions that he's been present when someone passed.  I've written about this before, too, and described the physical changes that the body itself undergoes when consciousness "delocalizes" from the body.    But this is the best explanation I can find on how we are essentially timeless and eternal - we are never not being.   

When delocalization occurs in the event of biomechanical death, there is no cessation of consciousness.   
We are localized consciousness; when we experience biomechanical death, we are experiencing nothing more than the loosening of the tether that has localized us.  

Death, as we have known it, does not exist at all. 

Popular Posts