All The Life We Cannot See

My friends, forgive my long absence. I've been ill.  

In recovery, I've reflected quite a bit about the visible light spectrum.  And I wanted to post here some thoughts on this, and what it might mean. 

First of all, there are quite likely those of you reading my material that have a far better grasp on the science behind this than I do.  But it's important that in our quest for a new paradigm on biomechanical death, we make sure we keep in mind all the life we cannot see.  

I would invite my readers to explore NASA's submittals on the light spectrum - along with what we determine is visible light - by visiting their series on the matter here.   There is a great deal of information to digest, and a lot of it may go too far into the weeds, so to speak, to make it seem relevant.  NASA isn't concerned with proving the fundamental nature of consciosuness, for example, so you won't find any correlations in there on consciousness.  

What I do want to highlight, however, is the mention of visible light.    Here is a very good chart that illustrates the very tiny (almost insignificant) amoutn of light that we are able to visibily experience from the electromagnatic spectrum (from wikipedia). 


You can see here that the portion of the light spectrum that we can visibily experience is fractional, at best.  This is important.  

It means that all around us, at any given moment, there are exchanges, experience, etc. that are undetectable to us.  As long as these experiences remain invisible, we believe that their existence is unverified.  

But science clearly demonstrates here that we cannot see everything.   There are necessarily some things that are removed from us.  This means that we cannot say with any degree of certainty exactly what lies in these bands of light that are undetectable.   We simply don't know. 

This is good news!  I believe that science will one day verify these currently unknow experiences, but for now, we can assume that these unknowable phenomena may symbolize what we already believe: that biochemistry itself may decay and die, but the energy - the light  - within us lives on, perpetually changing and evolving, becoming.   For this reason, you can take heart, my friend, if the death of a loved one has you grief-stricken.  

I'm reminded, in fact, of a quote by Rumi that speaks to this:  "Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes.  Because for those who love with the heart and with the soul there is no such thing as separation." 


Popular Posts