A Clarification

 I've recently received a significant amount of letters from readers - to which I've responded only intermittently.   I appreciate every word that is written, and the time that it took for all of you to sit down and ask the questions you've submitted. 

Rather than respond individually, I thought I would make at least one significant clarifying statement here that would let everyone know what's going on:

I'm absent because I choose to be. 

It's really that simple.  I don't write when I don't have anything to say.   Yes, I plan on posting the second isntallment of the series I mentioned here.   I also plan on future posts.  But unlike a lot of other writers on the interwebs, I don't plan anything I write.  It either flows or it doesn't.   I don't create a content calendar, or look at themes, or search for relevant topics to write about.  Because my writing I can give away for free and still have plenty of it left. My time, however, is another matter altogether, and since I am governed by the hands on a clock, the time that rolls past is time I cannot get back.  

This means that I'll post when I have things to say. Sometimes, like last year and some in 22, I might post regularly, because I have plenty to say.  Other times, I'll be silent for long periods of time, because there's nothing new to add.   I appreciate all you reaching out to see if I'm okay: and thank you, I am okay.  But if you expect regular content that discusses or rehearses old themes, you'll be disappointed regularly.  

I appreciate everyone's understanding, and I'm glad that everyone was worried.  But no one is sick, no one is unhappy - we're just outside a lot (it's spring here) and the gardens are full and the river is clear and cool, and the time to enjoy all of that is now.  

I'll write again as soon as it strikes me.   

Popular Posts